Thursday, December 19, 2013

Because of a Facebook Post

Whew! I posted this on Facebook last night…

Miley Cyrus rides a wrecking ball naked, is no longer a good influence on young girls, and becomes one of Barbara Walters top people of the year? And Phil is 'suspended' for speaking his beliefs? Isn't that backwards when it comes to morals and values and virtue? What is happening to us? Jesus should be returning any day. We've got us a real Sodom and Gomorrah folks.

It took on a life of it’s own! I want to clarify that the post was NOT a gay vs. straight vs. Christian post. It was a ‘you can parade around in front of children half naked or all naked and be awarded for it, but if you’re a Christian and speak your beliefs you’re condemned’ post. What some don’t understand is that that’s the way it’s supposed to be happening right now according to the Bible. Christians become the persecuted. We aren’t any different from a Muslim, a Native American, a Jehovah’s Witness or a homosexual. It’s the double standard that people say we are throwing onto them. And, the things that most Christians say are continually being taken out of context. Now, I don’t mean the radicals that believe ‘their version’ of the Bible is the right way. There are so called Christians in this world that I wish would not tell people they’re a Christian.

The people I know and call family and friends that are Christians, however, are not like that. We believe what the Bible tells us. We do not add or take away from anything it says. The 10 Commandments were written in stone and that’s what we live by. We aren't supposed to hate and we aren’t supposed to judge others. People are accusing Phil Robertson of judging, but what he said in his interview came from the Bible not from his own head. Right now, my thought is that it’s ok when other people do crazy immoral things like ‘ride a wrecking ball naked’ but when a Christian stands up and talks from his heart and speaks from the BIBLE, it’s wrong. We are being attacked just like everyone else. These days, ANYTHING at all said by a Christian becomes fodder for anyone that believes we are trying to CHANGE everyone to our beliefs and standards.



The fact is... red, yellow, black and white, we are precious in HIS sight so it doesn’t matter what WE believe. He loves us ALL and, as Christians, WE are to love all and put others before ourselves. We are supposed to love everyone the way Christ loved us. Love the sinner, hate the sin. That’s all. We’re not supposed to be judge and jury. That’s not our jobs. But being a Christian doesn’t make us perfect, that’s for sure. I just wish everyone understood that. WE ARE ALL SINNERS. Every single person on this earth is a SINNER. No matter what.

There is a poem written by Carol Wimmer in 1988 that says….
When I say..."I am a Christian," I'm not shouting, "I am saved." I'm whispering, "I get lost!"
That is why I chose this way. 
When I say..."I am a Christian," I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need someone to be my guide.  
When I say..."I am a Christian," I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak
and pray for strength to carry on.  
When I say..."I am a Christian,"
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
and cannot ever pay the debt.  
When I say..."I am a Christian," I don’t think I know it all. I submit to my confusion asking humbly to be taught.
When I say..."I am a Christian,"
I'm not claiming to be perfect; my flaws are too visible
but God believes I'm worth it.  
When I say..."I am a Christian,"
I still feel the sting of pain; I have my share of heartaches
which is why I seek His name.  
When I say..."I am a Christian,"
I do not wish to judge. I have no authority.
I only know I'm loved.

And we ARE loved. All of us. You and me. Maybe it doesn’t help you, but it sure does help me. 

One last thing…I have unbelievably awesome friends and family members that are gay. I do not love them any less than if they were not. I would do for them as much as I would do for anyone I loved. That means you and you and you and you and you and you.

God Bless You ALL! :)
Tracie


No comments: